Here are some of the best-known restaurants in Alabama, along with their basic information and website links:
- Highlands Bar and Grill – Birmingham – A James Beard Award-winning restaurant serving seasonal, locally-sourced Southern cuisine.
- Dreamland BBQ – Tuscaloosa – A barbecue restaurant since 1958, known for its hickory-smoked ribs and barbecue sauce.
- Hot and Hot Fish Club – Birmingham – An upscale Southern cuisine restaurant featuring fresh seafood and seasonal produce.
- Wintzell’s Oyster House – Mobile – A Gulf Coast seafood restaurant serving fresh oysters for over 80 years.
- Chris’ Hot Dogs – Montgomery – A historic hot dog joint since 1917, known for its signature hot dogs and chili sauce.
- Big Bob Gibson Bar-B-Q – Decatur – An award-winning barbecue joint serving smoked meats and white barbecue sauce.
- The Bright Star – Bessemer – A historic restaurant since 1907, serving classic Southern cuisine.
- The Fish Market Restaurant – Birmingham – A Gulf Coast seafood restaurant serving sushi, oysters, and more.
- Baumhower’s – Multiple locations – Sports-themed restaurants serving Southern-style wings, barbecue, and burgers.
- Irondale Cafe – Irondale – Inspiration for the book and movie “Fried Green Tomatoes,” serving Southern-style comfort food.
- Gus’s Hot Dogs – Birmingham – A classic hot dog joint since 1947, known for its hot dogs and chili sauce.
- The Original Oyster House – Gulf Shores and Mobile – A Gulf Coast seafood restaurant.
- Felix’s Fish Camp Grill – Mobile – A Gulf Coast seafood restaurant with Southern-style sides on Mobile Bay.
- Little Donkey – Birmingham – Mexican-inspired dishes with a Southern twist.
- Mason Dixon Bakery & Bistro – Huntsville – A gluten-free bakery and restaurant serving Southern-style breakfast and lunch dishes.
These are just a few of the many excellent restaurants in Alabama that are well-known for their cuisine and atmosphere.