Some of the best-known restaurants in Hawaii by city, along with a brief description of their menu:
- Honolulu: Roy’s – Offers a fusion of Hawaiian and Asian cuisine, including blackened island ahi and miso yaki butterfish.
- Maui: Mama’s Fish House – Serves fresh seafood caught that day, including ahi sashimi and grilled mahi-mahi.
- Kauai: The Beach House – Features a Pacific Rim menu, including coconut shrimp and macadamia nut-crusted mahi-mahi.
- Big Island: Merriman’s – Offers dishes made from local ingredients, including macadamia nut-crusted goat cheese and Kona coffee-rubbed lamb chops.
- Lanai: One Forty – A steakhouse that offers Wagyu beef from Snake River Farms and fresh seafood caught off the coast of Lanai.
- Molokai: Kualapu’u Cookhouse – Offers traditional Hawaiian dishes like kalua pork and laulau, as well as American favorites like burgers and sandwiches.
- Oahu: Alan Wong’s – A fine-dining restaurant with a farm-to-table menu that includes dishes like ginger-crusted onaga and kalua pork ravioli.
- Hilo: Pineapples Island Fresh Cuisine – Offers a fusion of Hawaiian and international flavors, including dishes like seafood bouillabaisse and Hawaiian-style poke bowls.
- Waikiki: Duke’s Waikiki – A beachfront restaurant that offers Hawaiian-style cuisine, including coconut shrimp and kalua pork nachos.
- Lahaina: Lahaina Grill – An upscale restaurant that offers a fusion of Hawaiian and international cuisine, including seared ahi and roasted duck breast.
The locations of these restaurants are spread across the Hawaiian Islands, with Roy’s, Alan Wong’s, and Duke’s Waikiki located on the island of Oahu. Mama’s Fish House is on Maui, The Beach House is on Kauai, Merriman’s is on the Big Island, One Forty is on Lanai, Kualapu’u Cookhouse is on Molokai, Pineapples Island Fresh Cuisine is in Hilo (on the Big Island), and Lahaina Grill is in Lahaina (on Maui).