Four Corners is an unincorporated community in Florida, located in the area where Lake, Orange, Osceola, and Polk counties meet. This region has experienced rapid growth in recent years, attracting visitors and residents alike with its proximity to popular attractions.
- Establishment: Four Corners started as a rural area, with development beginning in the late 20th century. The community has grown substantially in recent years, with new residential and commercial properties being developed.
- History: The history of Four Corners is tied to the history of the four counties it is part of, with the region’s growth being driven primarily by its proximity to major attractions like Walt Disney World and other Orlando-area theme parks.
- Population: Four Corners has a population of approximately 50,000 residents, with the community continuing to grow and attract new residents.
- Walt Disney World: Located just a short drive from Four Corners, this world-famous theme park offers a wide range of attractions and entertainment options.
- Universal Studios Orlando: Another major theme park, offering attractions based on popular movies and TV shows.
- ChampionsGate Golf Club: A popular golf course designed by Greg Norman, featuring two 18-hole courses.
- Lake Louisa State Park: A beautiful park offering hiking, fishing, and wildlife viewing opportunities.
- Events & Festivals: Four Corners itself doesn’t host many events or festivals, but the nearby city of Orlando offers a variety of events throughout the year, such as the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival, the Orlando International Fringe Theatre Festival, and the Florida Film Festival.
- Accommodation Alternatives: Four Corners offers various accommodation options, including hotels, motels, and vacation rentals. Many visitors choose to stay in vacation rental homes, offering a comfortable and spacious option for families and groups.
- Food & Dining: In Four Corners, you can find a variety of dining options, including fast-food chains, casual restaurants, and local eateries. Nearby Orlando offers a more extensive selection of dining options, ranging from fine dining to international cuisine.
- Fun Facts:
- Four Corners is so named because it is situated at the meeting point of four Florida counties: Lake, Orange, Osceola, and Polk.
- The community is also known as Citrus Ridge, reflecting the area’s historical association with citrus farming.
Four Corners is an excellent base for exploring Central Florida’s attractions, offering convenient access to theme parks, golf courses, and natural parks. The community’s range of accommodation options and dining choices make it a comfortable and practical choice for visitors to the area.