Kendale Lakes, Florida, is a suburban community located in Miami-Dade County, approximately 16 miles southwest of downtown Miami. Known for its family-friendly atmosphere and outdoor recreational opportunities, Kendale Lakes offers a mix of residential, commercial, and green spaces. Here’s a guide to help you explore Kendale Lakes:
- Establishment: Kendale Lakes was established in the 1970s as a suburban community in Miami-Dade County.
- History: Kendale Lakes has a relatively short history, developed primarily as a residential community in the 1970s. Its growth has been closely tied to the expansion of the Miami metropolitan area.
- Population: Kendale Lakes has a population of approximately 60,000 residents, with a diverse community that includes Caucasian, Hispanic, African-American, and other ethnic groups.
- Kendale Lakes Park: A spacious park featuring playgrounds, sports fields, and picnic areas for outdoor activities.
- Miccosukee Golf & Country Club: A public golf course with 27 holes, offering golfers of all skill levels a challenging and enjoyable experience.
- Nearby Everglades National Park: Just a short drive away, this national park offers unique ecosystems, wildlife, and outdoor recreational opportunities.
- Events & Festivals: Kendale Lakes does not host major events or festivals, but nearby Miami offers a wide array of cultural and artistic events, including Art Basel Miami Beach, the Miami International Film Festival, and the Calle Ocho Festival.
- Accommodation Alternatives: Kendale Lakes is primarily a residential community, and accommodation options are limited within its boundaries. However, there are numerous hotels and vacation rentals in nearby Miami and surrounding areas to suit various budgets and preferences.
- Food & Dining: Kendale Lakes offers a variety of dining options, with restaurants serving diverse cuisines, such as Cuban, Mexican, and Italian. Some popular local eateries include La Carreta, Casa Juan Restaurant, and El Atlakat. Nearby Miami offers a more extensive dining scene, with options ranging from fine dining to casual eateries.
- Fun Facts:
- Kendale Lakes is home to several notable athletes, including former Major League Baseball player Alex Rodriguez.
- The community is known for its lakes, which were created as a result of limestone quarrying in the area.
When visiting Kendale Lakes, enjoy the area’s family-friendly atmosphere, outdoor recreational opportunities, and diverse dining options. The proximity to Miami also provides visitors with easy access to world-class attractions, events, and cultural experiences.