Lauderhill, Florida, is a diverse and multicultural city located in Broward County, just west of Fort Lauderdale. With a population of approximately 71,000, Lauderhill offers a variety of attractions, events, and dining options. Here’s a guide to help you explore Lauderhill:
- Population: Lauderhill has a diverse population, with residents from various backgrounds, including African-American, Caribbean, and Hispanic communities. This diversity is reflected in the city’s culture, events, and dining options.
- Central Broward Park & Broward County Stadium: This 110-acre multipurpose park features a large stadium, cricket and soccer fields, basketball courts, and picnic areas. The stadium hosts various local and international sports events, as well as cultural festivals throughout the year.
- Lauderhill Performing Arts Center: Catch a show at this state-of-the-art facility, which hosts a variety of performances, including theater, music, and dance, as well as community events and art exhibitions.
- Inverrary Golf Club: Play a round of golf at one of the two 18-hole championship courses at the Inverrary Golf Club, designed by renowned golf course architect Robert Trent Jones Sr.
- Events: Lauderhill hosts various events throughout the year, such as the Lauderhill Jazz Jam, Unifest Caribbean Festival, and the Lauderhill International Mango Festival. Check the city’s event calendar for more information.
- Accommodations: While there are no major hotels within Lauderhill itself, visitors can find accommodations in nearby Fort Lauderdale, Plantation, and Sunrise, with options ranging from budget-friendly hotels to luxury resorts.
- Food & Dining: Lauderhill offers a diverse dining scene, reflecting its multicultural population. Some popular restaurants in the area include Jerk Machine, a favorite for Jamaican cuisine; Lallo’s Roti Shop, known for its Caribbean dishes; and Ilene’s Gourmet Italian Bistro for authentic Italian cuisine.
- Welleby Park: This 20-acre park is perfect for a day outdoors, offering walking and jogging paths, playgrounds, picnic areas, and sports facilities.
- Shopping: Lauderhill offers various shopping options, from local shops and boutiques to nearby shopping centers such as the Westfield Broward Mall and Sawgrass Mills, one of the largest outlet malls in the United States.
- Day Trips: Lauderhill’s location in Broward County makes it an excellent base for exploring nearby attractions in South Florida. Visit Fort Lauderdale’s famous beaches, the Everglades, or Miami, all within an hour’s drive.
When visiting Lauderhill, enjoy the city’s diverse culture, attractions, and dining options while taking advantage of its convenient location for exploring the best of South Florida.