Margate, Florida, is a suburban city located in Broward County, just northwest of Fort Lauderdale. Known for its parks, recreational facilities, and friendly neighborhoods, Margate has a population of approximately 58,000. Here’s a guide to help you explore Margate:
- Population: Margate has a diverse population, with residents from various backgrounds, including Caucasian, African-American, and Hispanic communities. This diversity is reflected in the area’s culture and dining options.
- Calypso Cove: A family-friendly aquatic facility featuring water slides, a leisure pool, and a children’s play area.
- Margate Sports Complex: A recreational facility offering various sports fields and courts, playgrounds, and picnic areas.
- Fern Forest Nature Center: A beautiful park in nearby Coconut Creek with walking trails, picnic areas, and opportunities for birdwatching and wildlife viewing.
- Tradewinds Park & Stables: Another nearby park in Coconut Creek that offers horseback riding, fishing, and playgrounds.
- Events & Festivals: Margate hosts various events throughout the year, such as Sounds at Sundown, Fourth of July celebrations, and the Margate Winter Festival. Check the city’s event calendar for more information.
- Accommodation Alternatives: There are limited accommodation options in Margate, but neighboring cities such as Coral Springs, Tamarac, and Coconut Creek offer a variety of choices, ranging from budget-friendly hotels to more upscale options. Examples include the Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Coral Springs and the La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Coral Springs.
- Food & Dining: Margate’s dining scene includes a variety of options, reflecting its multicultural population. Some popular restaurants in the area include La Bamba Mexican & Spanish Restaurant, La Vie Lebanese Restaurant, and Ayotli Mexican Grill.
When visiting Margate, enjoy the area’s diverse culture, attractions, and dining options while taking advantage of its parks, recreational facilities, and proximity to other attractions in Broward County.