North Miami, Florida, is a diverse and vibrant city located in Miami-Dade County, just north of Miami. Known for its rich cultural scene and beautiful parks, North Miami has a population of approximately 62,000. Here’s a guide to help you explore North Miami:
- Population: North Miami has a diverse population, with residents from various backgrounds, including Hispanic, African-American, and Caucasian communities. This diversity is reflected in the area’s culture and dining options.
- Museum of Contemporary Art (MOCA): This cutting-edge museum features contemporary art exhibitions, educational programs, and events.
- Oleta River State Park: Florida’s largest urban park, offering hiking and biking trails, kayaking, canoeing, and picnic areas.
- Arch Creek Park & Museum: A historical park that showcases the natural and cultural history of the area, including a natural limestone bridge.
- Events & Festivals: North Miami hosts various events throughout the year, such as the NoMi Music Festival, the NoMi Food & Art Festival, and the Winternational Thanksgiving Day Parade. Check the city’s event calendar for more information.
- Accommodations: There are several accommodation options in North Miami, including the Best Western Plus Windsor Inn and the Sun and Surf Inn. Neighboring cities such as Miami Beach and Bal Harbour also offer additional choices, from budget-friendly hotels to luxury resorts.
- Food & Dining: North Miami’s dining scene includes a variety of options, reflecting its multicultural population. Some popular restaurants in the area include Captain Jim’s Seafood Market & Restaurant, Cane A Sucre, and Boteco Miami.
- Shopping: There are several shopping options in North Miami, such as the Causeway Square and the Biscayne Commons. For more extensive shopping options, visitors can head to nearby shopping centers like Bal Harbour Shops, Aventura Mall, or The Shops at Midtown Miami.
- Outdoor Activities: In addition to the parks mentioned above, North Miami offers opportunities for golfing at local courses, such as the Miami Shores Country Club and the Normandy Shores Golf Club.
- Day Trips: North Miami’s location in Miami-Dade County makes it an excellent base for exploring nearby attractions, such as the beaches of Miami Beach, the Wynwood Walls in Miami, the Vizcaya Museum and Gardens, and the Everglades National Park.
When visiting North Miami, enjoy the area’s diverse culture, attractions, and dining options while taking advantage of its location for exploring the best of Miami-Dade County.