Missouri is a state that offers a variety of outdoor activities for visitors and residents to enjoy. Here are some of the top outdoor activities in Missouri:
- Hiking: Missouri has several scenic hiking trails, including the Ozark Trail, the Katy Trail, and the Mina Sauk Falls Trail. These trails provide opportunities for hikers to explore the state’s natural beauty.
- Fishing: Missouri has many lakes, rivers, and streams that provide excellent opportunities for fishing. Anglers can fish for bass, catfish, trout, and other species.
- Camping: Missouri has many campgrounds and state parks that offer camping opportunities. Visitors can choose from primitive campsites to fully equipped RV parks.
- Canoeing and kayaking: Missouri has many rivers and streams that provide opportunities for canoeing and kayaking. The Current River, the Jacks Fork River, and the Meramec River are popular spots for these activities.
- Wildlife viewing: Missouri has several state parks and wildlife management areas that provide opportunities for wildlife viewing. Visitors can observe deer, turkey, and many species of birds in their natural habitats.
- Biking: Missouri has several bike trails, including the Katy Trail, the Rock Island Trail, and the Ozark Trail. These trails provide opportunities for cyclists to explore the state’s natural beauty.
- Golf: Missouri has many golf courses, including the Lake of the Ozarks Golf Trail and the Branson Hills Golf Club. These courses provide golfers with beautiful views and challenging courses.
These are just a few of the many outdoor activities available in Missouri. The state’s mild climate makes it possible to enjoy outdoor activities year-round.