Tamiami, Florida, is a suburban community located in Miami-Dade County, west of downtown Miami. Known for its friendly neighborhoods, diverse population, and close proximity to shopping centers and recreational facilities, Tamiami has a population of approximately 58,000. Here’s a guide to help you explore Tamiami:
- Population: Tamiami has a diverse population, with residents from various backgrounds, including Hispanic, Caucasian, and African-American communities. This diversity is reflected in the area’s culture and dining options.
- Tamiami Park: A large park offering various sports fields and courts, playgrounds, walking trails, and picnic areas.
- Miami International Mall: A nearby shopping center offering a variety of stores, restaurants, and entertainment options.
- Dolphin Mall: Another nearby shopping center with a mix of popular brands, designer outlets, dining options, and entertainment venues.
- Antonio Maceo Park: A local park with sports fields, playgrounds, and picnic areas.
- Events & Festivals: Tamiami does not host many events and festivals of its own, but being close to Miami, residents and visitors can take advantage of the numerous events in the Miami area, such as the Miami International Film Festival, Calle Ocho Festival, and Art Basel Miami Beach. Check Miami’s event calendar for more information.
- Accommodation Alternatives: There are limited accommodation options in Tamiami, but neighboring areas such as Doral and Miami International Airport offer a variety of choices, ranging from budget-friendly hotels like the Days Inn by Wyndham Miami International Airport to more upscale options like the InterContinental at Doral Miami.
- Food & Dining: Tamiami’s dining scene includes a variety of options, reflecting its multicultural population. Some popular restaurants in the area include Casa Juan Restaurant, Giardino Gourmet Salads, and La Fogata BBQ. You’ll find a mix of Latin American, Caribbean, and traditional American cuisine in the area.
When visiting Tamiami, enjoy the area’s diverse culture, attractions, and dining options while taking advantage of its proximity to Miami and other attractions in Miami-Dade County.