The Villages, Florida, is a large age-restricted retirement community spanning three counties in Central Florida. With over 100,000 residents, The Villages is known for its golf courses, recreation centers, and vibrant social life. Here is a guide to help you make the most of your visit to The Villages:
- Golf: The Villages is a golfer’s paradise, with over 40 executive golf courses and 12 championship courses. Some popular courses include the Nancy Lopez Legacy Golf & Country Club, the Palmer Legends Country Club, and the Havana Country Club.
- Recreation Centers: The community boasts numerous recreation centers, offering various amenities such as swimming pools, tennis courts, pickleball courts, fitness centers, and more. Check out the Eisenhower Recreation Center, SeaBreeze Recreation Center, and La Hacienda Recreation Center.
- Town Squares: The Villages has three town squares: Spanish Springs Town Square, Lake Sumter Landing Market Square, and Brownwood Paddock Square. Each square has its unique charm, with daily live entertainment, shopping, and dining options.
- Events: The Villages hosts various events throughout the year, such as farmers’ markets, art festivals, car shows, and holiday celebrations. Keep an eye on the community calendar to see what’s happening during your visit.
- The Villages Polo Club: Enjoy a polo match at the Villages Polo Club, which hosts both amateur and professional matches. The club also offers polo lessons for those interested in learning the sport.
- Sharon L. Morse Performing Arts Center: Catch a show at this state-of-the-art performing arts center, which hosts a variety of performances, including theater, music, and dance.
- Accommodations: While The Villages is primarily a residential community, there are several options for visitors. The Waterfront Inn and Brownwood Hotel & Spa are popular choices, while vacation rentals can also be found throughout the community.
- Food & Dining: The Villages offers a diverse array of dining options, with numerous restaurants and cafes located in the town squares and throughout the community. Some popular options include City Fire American Oven & Bar, Bluefin Grill & Bar, and the Lighthouse Point Bar & Grille.
- Outdoor Activities: In addition to golf and recreational facilities, The Villages offers ample opportunities to enjoy the outdoors, with walking trails, parks, and nature preserves. Visit the Fenney Springs Nature Trail or the Hogeye Preserve Pathway for some scenic strolls.
- Day Trips: The central location of The Villages makes it an ideal base for exploring Central Florida. Nearby attractions include the Ocala National Forest, Silver Springs State Park, and the city of Orlando, which is home to popular theme parks like Walt Disney World and Universal Studios.
When visiting The Villages, you’ll find plenty of activities and amenities catered to active adults, making it a popular destination for retirees and visitors alike.