Weston, Florida, is a picturesque suburban city located in Broward County, just west of Fort Lauderdale. Known for its well-planned neighborhoods, top-rated schools, and beautiful parks, Weston has a population of approximately 70,000. Here’s a guide to help you explore Weston:
- Population: Weston is a diverse city, with residents from various backgrounds, including Hispanic, Caucasian, and African-American communities. This diversity is reflected in the city’s culture and dining options.
- Weston Town Center: This mixed-use development features shops, restaurants, and offices, making it the heart of the city’s social scene.
- Markham Park: Located just north of Weston, this expansive park offers numerous outdoor activities, such as biking, fishing, and camping, as well as a shooting range and model airplane field.
- Peace Mound Park: This park features walking and jogging paths, picnic areas, and a playground, as well as a historical mound dating back to the Tequesta Indian tribe.
- Events & Festivals: Weston hosts various events throughout the year, such as the Weston Winter Safety Expo, the Weston Nights Concert Series, and the Weston World Fest. Check the city’s event calendar for more information.
- Accommodations: Weston has limited accommodations within the city, but nearby cities like Sunrise, Davie, and Plantation offer a variety of options, from budget-friendly hotels to luxury resorts.
- Food & Dining: Weston’s dining scene includes a diverse range of cuisines, reflecting its multicultural population. Some popular restaurants in the area include Bellini Italian Bistro, Myung Ga Tofu & BBQ, and Lucille’s American Cafe.
- Shopping: Weston Town Center is the primary shopping destination within the city, offering a variety of shops and boutiques. For more extensive shopping options, visitors can head to nearby malls like the Sawgrass Mills Mall and the Westfield Broward Mall.
- Outdoor Activities: Weston is home to numerous parks, such as Weston Regional Park, Gator Run Park, and Indian Trace Park, which offer sports facilities, playgrounds, and walking paths. The city also has several golf courses, including the Weston Hills Country Club and Bonaventure Country Club.
- Day Trips: Weston’s location in Broward County makes it an excellent base for exploring nearby attractions, such as Fort Lauderdale’s famous beaches, the Everglades, and Miami, all within an hour’s drive.
When visiting Weston, enjoy the city’s diverse culture, attractions, and dining options while taking advantage of its location for exploring the best of South Florida.